Temporary restrictions have been established for entering Estonia. People who are allowed to cross the state border are listed by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Estonia. Additional information on the conditions for entering Estonia is available on the website of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. Due to existing restrictions, there is a possibility that you cannot use the visa issued during its period of validity.
In order to apply for a D-Visa or Digital Nomad Visa you should:
- Submit a filled in and signed application form;
- Present your passport (valid at least for 90 more days after the end of your trip);
- Present a color photo 4×5 cm;
- Present a health insurance policy
- Pay a state fee;
- Present documents indicating the purpose of journey, e.g. confirmation letter from the host or documents proving that applicant is going to work in Estonia (confirmation from the employer, registration of short-term employment) or documents proving that applicant is going to study in Estonia. During the examination of an application, a consular officer may request additional documents.
- More information about the additional documents needed for Digital Nomad Visa is found here
The documents must be submitted in person to the Embassy. The procedure may take up to 30 days. If your demande for a visa is accepted, you have to come in person to get your visa in the Embassy.
More detailed information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.